Oct 28/2019 - Oct 29/2019
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
The prerequisites for this course are:
- Completion of the ServiceNow System Administration course with 6-plus months of hands-on administration experience.
- A basic understanding of:
- Scripting in ServiceNow
- Upon completon of this course, you will receive a voucher to take the Service Portal Micro-Certification exam.
Create and Configure a Service Portal
A Service Portal provides an alternative user experience to the standard platform interface. The Service Portal application offers the tools needed to configure, customize, and extend portal components to create an online experience similar to what your users are used to in other consumer products.
During this two-day interactive training course you learn how to use the Service Portal application to configure, customize, and extend components to create a Service Portal in your own student instance; a safe sandbox. Paraticipants will:
- Explore all aspects of the Service Portal application
- Learn how to re-configure an existing portal
- Review the Srvice Portal framework
- Create new Service Portals, Themes, Pages, and Menus, and Search Sources
- Understand how to use and create Widgets
- Re-use existing Portal components
- Explore Service Portal search capabilities including Search Sources, Search Facets and Pagination
- Configure other aspects of the platform to enhance a Service Portal
- Create a Guided Tour within a Service Portal
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for low-code System Administrators and Web Designers/Developers who want to learn how to create Service Portals that offer users a consistent, intuitive, and delightful experience when accessing their organization’s services online.