Oct 14/2019 - Oct 16/2019
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
There are no prerequisites.
Following this course, ServiceNow recommends that attendees have at least two to three months of hands-on experiences with ServiceNow before attempting the Certification Exam.
Upon completion of the exam, Successful candidates will be awarded a ServiceNow Certified System Administrator certificate.
Configure and Manage a ServiceNow Instance
ServiceNow Fundamentals was designed for users with various organizational roles who are expected to work within the ServiceNow platform. During this 3-day interactive training, course attendees will learn about the ServiceNow user interface, receive a summary of the database schema, understand uses for commonly accessed applications, and be introduced to advance features and functionality, such as scripting and application development.
Specifically, attendees will learn to:
- Explore lists and forms
- Identify the importance of branding, as well as how to apply it to the platform
- Add users, groups, and roles
- Identify best practices related to task management
- Configure notifications
- Manage data with tables, the configuration management database (CMDB), and import sets
- Run basic reports, as well as the benefits of performance analytics
- Protect ServiceNow data
- Work with two key ServiceNow process applications: Knowledge Base and Service Catalog
- Create workflow activities and approvals
- Implement Service Level Agreements
- Identify various available script types
- Upgrade and clone instances, as well as create baseline performance metrics
- Capture and move configurations between instances
Attendees participate in real world, relevant lab exercises. The class features lecture and group discussions, as well as extensive hands-on practice, delivered in a wide variety of labs, tech talks, and an interactive discussion of a comprehensive, real-world example.
Who Should Attend
The course is designed for all users; those experienced with ServiceNow or brand new to the platform, and looking to learn about the fundamental platform features.